The ClimSA programme will be present at the upcoming COP26 UN Climate Change Conference to be held in Glasgow, United Kingdom from 31 October to 12 November 2021.
During this major international conference, ClimSA will organize and participate in many side events, including:
- OACPS Leaders Summit for Climate Action at COP26 on 1st November 2021
- CREW Steering Committee Meeting on 3rd November 2021
- Launch of the Global Status of Climate Services report (WMO Pavilion)
- Green technology and Climate science-based information for Sustainable Development, 9th November 2021 (Francophonie Pavilion)
- Call for Acceleration of Climate Action and Ambition at COP26, Joint OACPS-EU Event on 9th November 2021 (EU Pavilion – Fully Virtual)
- OACPS ClimSA Side Event Exhibit from 8th – 12th November 2021
During the first week of COP26, the OACPS Leaders Summit for Climate Action at COP26 will be the key event with support from the intra-ACP GCCA+ and ClimSA Programmes. (ClimSA and GCCA+). Convened by the OACPS President in Office of the Summit HE President of Kenya. It will be a mixed event with OACPS Heads of State and Government meeting in Glasgow and virtually to determine key urgent calls of the OACPS during the World Leaders Summit and during COP26.
During the second week of COP26, the ClimSA an Exhibition will highlight the major challenges faced by the 79 member countries and six regions of the OACPS, who comprise the bulk of the Global South, to the threats and impacts of climate change. ClimSA will also facilitate a public chat function to enable greater reach, inclusion and involvement of key actors and stakeholders.